Proven E-commerce manager with a strong background in online retail. Experience in all aspects of E-commerce including internet marketing, technology, as well as general business operations. Talented at executing projects that position companies to become industry leaders, strengthen margins and increase ROI. Has what it takes in implementing real time business decisions that increases sales and optimize operational efficiencies.
The success of an Ecommerce site depends on 2 things. The traffic the site receives and the customer experience on the site. If both are being handled correctly, everything else falls into place. Conversion ratios, average order value, returning customers, etc. are all connected to these 2 things. If the traffic is coming from targeted sources and the customer is able to easily find the information they need to make an informed purchase sales will climb.
Strategic Leadership: Leader in revenue and cash flow improvement, business strategy development, consensus building, teamwork and mentoring.
Online / Digital Marketing Expert: Proven experience in the application online lead generation, social media strategy, search engine optimization (SEO/SEM), marketing channel management, online advertising, blogs, email marketing, consumer shopping engines, mobile applications, and online content.
IT Management: Thorough understanding of business technology trends, eCommerce operations, real-time customer segmentation, process improvement, web analytics, and payments.
Project Manager: Successfully led the planning and implementation of various projects (eCommerce platform, Business management software conversion), developed project tasks and requirements, managed project resource allocation and presented project reports, progress updates, evaluations and assessment of results.
Software: MS Office, Open Office, Google Drive, Adobe Photoshop, SQL databases, MySQL
Website Management: SEO, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, email campaign software, Live Chat software, Listrak, Constant Contact
Social media: LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and more.
E-commerce Platforms: 3DCart, Miva Merchant, Shopgate, and small custom-built platforms
Business/Financial: Quickbooks, Netsuite
Lightopia, LLC – Laguna Beach, CA
April 2010 – Present
Manage Lightopia’s online store, initially with a small custom-built site, but then transitioned to 3DCart. Lead product updates, site content and all online marketing efforts. Produce and oversee unique, detailed content for products and categories for SEO optimizations. Create graphics for carousels and banners. Manage external SEM agency, including all monthly KPI reporting, budget management and marketing calendars. Report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and develop and execute initiatives to drive sales and profitability. Manage customer service team to ensure best in class customer experience on site. Maintain budget and adequate control of resources to ensure the department is within established budget, productivity and efficiency standards. Proactively identify and develop new features/functionality for website redesign that improve engagement and increase conversion rate. Monitor and analyze web traffic and KPI’s.
- Consistently improved direct online annual sales by 30-35% for the past 4 years in a row.
- Improved phone sales from internet lead sources by 50% or more for 6 years in a row.
- Increased all online traffic by a minimum of 20% for 6 years in a row.
- Created content for over 13K lighting products representing over 40K unique SKUs.
- Increased online conversion rates XX.XX% by developing new product content and images, as well as revamping product templates to highlight Call To Action segments.
- Increased overall AOV by 22%. By targeting high margin products in traffic building efforts and giving those products higher prevalence on website. Performed extensive analysis to determine optimal price points and product selection for the website.
- Beat previous years sales from CPC advertising by a minimum of 47% 6 years in a row.
- Increased annual organic traffic through SEO by 10% for the past 4 years.
- Increased average order value by 30% on sales from email campaigns. Improved conversion rate on email campaigns by 193%
- Improved Conversion rates and sales from social media traffic by over 300%
- Identified the need for Fraud Prevention and implemented fraud prevention solutions with payment gateway and e-commerce platform. Bringing loss from fraudulent orders down to $0.
- Assumed leadership role on special projects including the configuration, customization and training for our business management software from Quickbooks Enterprise to Netsuite.
SELF-EMPLOYED | Orange County, CA
10/2002 – Present
Freelance Web Designer
Retained by diverse clients to create original art and graphic layout of content, banners, logos, and merchandise. Incorporate interactive elements and e-commerce initiatives; perform technical coding, review, and testing; and work closely with clients to conceptualize, design and launch Internet sites furthering client goals.
- Tri Valley Urology – http://www.trivalleyurology.com
- Sportsheets, Inc. – http://www.sportsheets.com
- LAP Distributing, LLC – http://www.lapdist.com
WESTRIDGE LABORATORIES/TOTAL ACCESS GROUP, INC. | Santa Ana, CA
2/2004 – 9/2008
Responsible for the design and maintenance of two internet sites. Create and assist in the development of digital catalogs. Manage three member team with design and production of printed materials.